What is THE most important piece of equipment for bicycling?
ANSWER: Your Body!
Many cyclists feel that pain in the knees, wrists, upper back and neck are just a normal part of cycling. Improper bike fit can cause all of these problems and more! Not only that, but you lose power if you are not in good alignment. In a race that can make a BIG difference in your finishing time!
What is included in a Bike Fitting at BODYCENTRAL Physical Therapy?
The evaluation is performed by a Physical Therapist trained in Bike fitting. For you, this means you will not only be fitted properly to your bike, but you will also receive a comprehensive evaluation of your flexibility, strength, and posture. Any physical therapy or additional strengthening or flexibility training will be recommended at this time. The combination of proper mechanical alignment with maximal strength and flexibility = MORE POWER!
Evaluation consists of:
* Video analysis of current position
* Assessment of painful areas, structural assessment of the body
* Measurement and documentation of current biomechanical alignment
* Documentation/adjustment to ideal biomechanical alignment
* Post mechanical adjustment video analysis